By: Laura-Jane Hatcher (WRGA News)
The Movies at Mount Berry Theatre was temporarily evacuated Thursday evening after a small fire erupted in a speaker.
According to the Rome Fire Department, the relatively minor fire was already out by the time emergency crews responded around 6:45pm. Though it is under investigation, Village Theatre officials claim a spark ignited a speaker inside cinema 4 and was quickly put-out by employees. Despite the modest blaze, the building was evacuated as per safety protocols.
The damage was minimal---fire department officials say there was little to none except for the front foam cover of the speaker. The theatre reopened shortly after the incident.