AM 1470 WRGA Rome's News Talk Listen LIve
 
 

 

Toddler scalded by hot water Sunday

January 8, 2018--6:04 a.m.

BARTOW COUNTY EMS

A toddler was hospitalized after being scalded by hot water Sunday.

EMS, Cartersville Fire, and Cartersville Police responded to Parkway North Apartments and were told a 1-year-old girl was accidentally burned from boiling water splashing onto her.

The child had first- and second-degree burns to the neck and chest.

EMS quickly began treatment to the burns and transported the patient to the burn unit at WellStar Cobb Hospital.