AM 1470 WRGA Rome's News Talk Listen LIve
 
 

 

Dryer Catches on Fire at Summerville Laundromat
Tuesday, May 8, 2018- 4:27 p.m. 
AM 1180 RADIO
 
A Chattooga County man reported that his clothes were damaged at a local laundromat over the weekend after the clothes in a dryer caught fire.
 
The Summerville Fire Department and the Chattooga County Sheriff’s Department responded to the call on Saturday evening shortly before 7 PM at the Mr. Clean Coin Laundry in Summerville.  The laundromat is located just outside the Summerville City limits.
 
Mark Gunter told the responding deputy that he had put his clothes in a dryer to dry and when he went to retrieve his laundry, there were several items of laundry that had caught fire.
 
The Summerville Fire Department disconnected the gas supply from the dryer at the laundromat.
 
Mr. Gunter requested that a report be filed about the incident.